Animal Art by LAW understands that your privacy is important to you & that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights & Our obligations under the law.
Definitions & Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
‘Account’ – means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site
‘Cookie’ – means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Ste are set out in section 11 below.
‘Our Site’ – means this website, animalartbylaw.co.uk
‘UK & EU Cookie Law’ – means the relevant parts of the Privacy & Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 & 2015
‘We/Us/Our’ – means Lisa Ann Watkins, a sole trader whose registered main trading address is 4 Caudle Close, Ruardean, Glos, GL17 9UJ, UK
Information About Us
Our Site, animalartbylaw.co.uk is owned & operated by Lisa Ann Watkins
Scope – What does this Policy Cover?
What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it, for example, when purchasing a tutorial. Depending upon your use of Our Site. We may collect some or all of the following data:
- Contact information such as email addresses & telephone numbers
How Do We Use Your Data?
- 1. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use your personal data on relevant lawful grounds as permitted by the EU General Data Protection regulation (from 25 May 2018)/UK Data Protection Act & Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulation.
- 2. We use your data to provide the best possible products & services to you. This includes:
- Providing & managing your account
- Providing & managing access to Our Site
- Personalising tailoring your experiences on Our Site
- Supplying Our products & services to you
- Personalising & tailoring Our products & services to you
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with email, Newsletters, notifications of offers that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt out at anytime by submitting an unsubscribe request
- Analysing your use of Our Site & gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site & your user experience.
- 3. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news & offers on Our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights & comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 & the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and by managing your Account)
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held) free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact details below in section 12.
What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.